Friday, January 21, 2011

The Correspondence Continues


Ann,

We’ve had some good times. Great times. Haven’t we? No, I don’t think I made you look fat. And, no, when the sun shone through it was a hint not a slide show. And, yes, grass is impossible to get out but he was worth it wasn’t he? And yes, those pearls are still great with everything.

I’ve grown up. I’m different now. You’re different now. We’re past all that shiny, summer only, tan required. I’ve embraced my off-ness, my slight imperfections, my texture and tone. Don’t get me wrong, I love a good wedding. But a softy draped linen sweater. A perfectly tailored cotton shirt. A pearl so smooth and yielding that it fuses shades of ash, wheat, smoke, and lavender. This is who I am. This is me.

I’m a risk worth taking. Don’t save me. Enjoy. Who knows, tomorrow there might be chocolate, or wine, or (hopefully) more grass.

Yours,

White

No comments:

Post a Comment